A Special Note Regarding Your Privacy
We will NEVER email, text, or otherwise contact you and ask you for your username, password, account number, social security number, or other financial credentials. If you should receive a call, email or text asking for this information, do not respond. Please let us know immediately by calling us at 256-718-4200.
For more than 80 years, First Southern has been focused on meeting the financial needs of customers in the Shoals area with outstanding service. We are an independent community bank with leading edge technology, but deliver it with a local flair. Our employees take pride in doing what is best for our customers and the bank.
Be a part of a small but growing home town bank!
First Southern is committed to exceptional customer service. We are seeking enthusiastic employees to deliver excellent service to our customers through friendliness, helpfulness, and accuracy.
If you want to find out more about joining our team, please contact our Human Resources Manager, Molly Hill, at (256)718-4293.
You may also email your resume to Human Resources at email@example.com
First Southern Bank is looking for a Fraud Supervisor/Assistant BSA Officer to join our team. The responsibilities for this position include daily supervision of the fraud department operations, monitoring and analyzing accounts for fraud trends, assisting customers, tellers, and customer service representatives with account issues and questions related to compliance and fraud, aiding the BSA Officer and having a comprehensive understanding of Compliance, BSA, OFAC, and AML rules and regulations.
• Oversee daily work distribution for Fraud and BSA tasks
• Assist with escalated fraud claims involving ACH, Pre-authorized drafts, altered check, forged endorsements, unauthorized third-party transfers, elder fraud, identity theft or other operations fraud issues
• Communicate with associates and internal departments to relay crucial information relating to fraud trends and escalated situations
• Participate in audits and exams
• Monitor CIP and Beneficial Ownership forms from New Account Opening
• Ensure tasks related to BSA including Enhanced Due Diligence reviews and Currency Transaction Report monitoring are completed
• Review additional reports for BSA compliance as needed
• Assist with the development of strong processes and procedures; ensure accurate and up to date documentation as changes occur
• Bachelor’s Degree in business related field (preferred)
• 5+ years’ experience in Banking; previous experience in Fraud & Compliance preferred
• 3+ years’ supervisory experience
• Excellent computer and communication skills (in person, phone, and email)
• Ability to operate in a team environment to accomplish shared goals
• Ability to prioritize multiple demands
• Friendly, courteous, and professional disposition
If you need to report a lost or stolen Debit Card issued by First Southern Bank, please call
If you need to report a lost or stolen Credit Card issued by First Southern Bank, please call